Thursday, September 29, 2011

Meditation and Cell Phones

Out of all the benches to choose from this girl talking on her cell phone decides that the one that I am lying on, trying to meditate, looks especially inviting. Perhaps she wanted to absorb some of my peace and tranquility. It sounds like she is having a stressful conversation, maybe she she just wants to share her stress. Maybe by siting next to me it will somehow become diluted. Well it must be working. She just announced the good news that she "Sold her tickets for a SHIT LOAD of money!" I couldn't be more excited for her! Well I guess on the bright side she is giving me something to write about aside from the bricks that I just spent 10 minutes staring at. She must be talking to a sibling because she keeps talking about Mom and Dad. I think she is from South Florida. I have no basis for this assumption other than the fact that I find her presence overbearing and rude. This bench runs the entire length of the building! Why did she have to sit so close to me? I guess she just sat for the conversation because she got off the bench and the phone at the very same time. This building always feels like a maze to me, so many stairs and paths that seemingly lead to nowhere. I 'm so negative, and hungry. Snack time.

3 comments:

  1. crazy how people on the phone always think you're also interested in what they want to say. definitely when it's personal or awkward. and i didn't know south florida people were supposedly rude. guess i learn something new everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's pretty rude of me to make such a broad generalization about south Floridians. Ok their not ALL rude transplants from the North East. That is just a way that us locals like to stereotype em'. All kidding aside most of my family lives in South Florida or New York. Irritating behavior knows no bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it gave you something to write about like you said. On a somewhat bright note, at least she was talking on a cellphone next to you and not talking to herself...without any cellphone whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete