Thursday, September 29, 2011

Observation Project

Sitting under the giving tree that gives me life through giving me air, I give it carbon dioxide while it pays me back with oxygen, all though I would much rather prefer some sort of monetary gift. But I'll stick with that. It's a nice tree, deeply rooted within the ground. Its bark effervescent of its age, and the trials and tribulations its gone through. A rough texture gives it the "bad-boy" edge I tend to look for in a customary tree. Its long, extended branches give a feeling of eeriness with a dash of creepy, yet I know they can easily wrap around and comfort me on my lonesome days. Funny enough, this is juxtaposed by the cherry, red berries dangling on the edges. Oh, how I wish they would fall so I could eat them! I do not want to "cherry-pick" the berries for it is not time. I must wait.

Is it me or does everyone who passes/walks by the giving tree a student/student in the making? Busy, engaged students walking lackadaisically step by step. Some faster than others late to class or to a possible job interview. Some even taking transportation into their own hands, skipping along, pedaling mountain bikes up a curvacious hill, or galloping by horse. LOL. Majority jog or run though.

I see some individuals with dark shades and brightly colored frames that could possibly glow in the dark. Some with yellow shirts, black pants or jean shorts. The typical Sperry's....ugghhh...no differentiation in that. Most with book bags on their backs, purses on their shoulders, food and cellphones in their hands. Consistent all across the board, male or female, black or white, short or tall, these individuals were plugged/tuned into their own world. Vibing to all types of music, bobbing their heads from side to side like bobbing for apples at a carnival, sort of. Everyone listens to music, no matter who you are. Nobody or somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment