Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rostler Reading

Mreh, mreh, mreh.

The Rostler reading was, as most people have already said, challenging. I guess I would agree with her points of wanting video art to be for the masses and not just secluded in the art world, but to me that just seems very unrealistic. Definitely now that experimental video is viewed strictly in an art setting, I doubt most people without an art background will ever look into it. Usually art videos give off the air of being pretentious, but I did like her video that we watched in class. Compared to the reading, the video was much more mainstream and I could see that breaking into people's lives, but her elitist way of writing was out of the question. People can relate to = being weighted and measured and their value in society being stamped on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment