Thursday, September 29, 2011

Observation assignment

All around me I see brick walls and then trees at the end of the hall. It's very peaceful and quiet except for the occasional steps of people walking near by. I feel the air softly brushing my hair and I can feel the heat coming from the light above me. I could fall asleep here. It is so peaceful and quiet...the hard floor I'm sitting on doesn't feel so hard anymore; my head is resting on a brick wall and it might as well be a pillow.
I wish I could paint what I see. I wish I could take a picture and capture this moment of peace. I could make a project; maybe film the little things and details I see.
I also see insects flying and the leaves of the trees are moving, as if they were waving at me. Now a lot of people are here. They're walking in all directions, some of them stopped to chat and they're looking at me. I hear birds. It's like there talking to each other just like the people around me are.
Now they're all gone and its back to the peaceful and quiet moment. I see colors on the brick walls. A lot of reds and blues and some yellows and greens...
I see a lot of materials around me...cement on the floor, iron on the bars of the stairs, wood in the ceiling, glass, plastic...I hear an air conditioner on somewhere...and now I hear people talking again. There's a lot of people around me talking about their classes, work...
I think this assignment has changed the way I see my current works in the way that right now I think little things are very important. Maybe I could edit my works a little bit and make them more detailed, maybe achieve the "feeling" I felt in this assignment.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good idea. the little things can be very important. see the work of Yoko Ono http://100acorns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting that by just sitting still for a moment and reflecting your view on your current work changes. Maybe reflecting more often will accelerate the progress of your work.

    ReplyDelete