Thursday, September 29, 2011

Observation Assignment

If you are looking at the road I am laying on my back looking up at the branches of the fourth oak tree to the left of the right corner of the chain link fence of Norman field.
I am lying. I am laying. I lay.
I am in the shade of the fourth tree and the grass is prickly. Florida grass is always uncomfortable and filled with bugs, but I am laying in the shade looking at the sky relaxing and enjoying the view. It's too cold inside the computer lab because the techy people want to keep the computers comfortable. The sounds of traffic is monotone and the consistency of people walking down the sidewalk that I can hear talking on the cell phones makes me feel part of something alive.
There is a bird in the tree hopping from branch to branch either picking at bugs or finding supports for a new nest. The leaves and branches are veins against the bright blue sky. They weave and jut in any direction they please as if their unwinding from a tight core. They stretch and twist across the sky and I mimic them on the ground with my body. I mimic nature. The moss hanging from the trees is such a tease. It looks so soft and pleasant but it is mite ridden. So its nice to look at thats it.

2 comments:

  1. LOL the beginning of your post almost sounds like a riddle. I was starting to try and figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice meditations... pippilotti rist has a video in which she makes a series of connections between bodies and nature.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fn-NlD4GhU

    ReplyDelete