Thursday, September 29, 2011

Observation

I started out sitting under an oak tree that has branches extending out about 50 feet in diameter. I am near the fence that surrounds Norman Field and I am sitting on a root at the base of the tree. It looks like there is more moss than leaves hanging from this tree. Some of the branches dip down close to the ground as they get far away from the trunk. The grass was mowed recently but it is pretty patchy and there are a lot of areas that are just dirt or leaves. The side walk and bike path is about 30 feet away and Norman Hall is a little beyond that. A large group of runners just ran along the path from Norman Hall, towards the tunnel. Now a class is coming out to the field a few yards away and they are setting up things on the ground. I don't know what they are... But just now I heard someone talk about launching something. They are launching rockets into the air and measuring how far away they land. It looks fun.

Now I'm in a different spot because there were some ants on the ground next to me. I'm on a bench near the tunnel that goes under 13th street. I'm under another large oak tree but this one doesn't have any moss. The cars passing by are louder here. I am on a bench though instead of the ground and I am a few feet from the bike path/side walk. There are a lot of bikers and 2 rode by while I wrote that last sentence.

1 comment:

  1. wow, i've never seen any running groups on campus so i've never really thought of them working out on campus, just thought that they'd run in less populated areas in gainesville.

    ReplyDelete